Travel in Hyogo on a plate.
Diverse climate, various landscapes. Hyogo, which extends from the south of Seto Inland Sea to the Pacific Ocean through the Awaji Island, to the north of the Sea of Japan. It is called the "microcosm of Japan" because of its blessed environment. Here in Hyogo, Tajima beef and Kobe beef, highly acclaimed in Japan and abroad, as well as fresh fish caught in one of Japan's richest fishing grounds in the Seto Inland Sea and the Sea of Japan, and the highest quality food of mountains from Awaji Island and Tamba in Japan. Countless wonderful ingredients are produced in Hyogo.
HAKKEI, which encourages local production and local consumption, pays attention to the rare terroir, "Hyogo" that produces these excellent ingredients. We draw out the individuality and attractiveness of the products with tender loving care and rebuild them through the creativity of the creator. Hyogo's materials, which are full of vitality, are skillfully harmonized in one dish, and sublimated into the HAKKEI style dish that reflects the tastefulness of the ingredients.
The origin of the idea lies in the ingredients.
The balance of taste, harmony of flavor, aroma, and texture created from the combination of ingredients is all based on complicated calculations. Supporting all elements of dishes is the seasonal ingredients from carefully selected terroirs and the water that changes the taste of the dishes.
Sometimes we jump out of the kitchen and walk to the producers to find ingredients that fit the dishes we want to express. The power of ingredients full of natural vitality carefully selected by HAKKEI's unique connoisseurs will bring new value to cuisine.
A worldview born from the collaboration with artists.
HAKKEI is an "expression space" where the rich blessings of Hyogo are scattered throughout the store as well as in the dish. Many of the dishes and cutlery that decorate the food scene, including interiors and furniture, were produced by artisans who followed the techniques of traditional crafts brought up in Hyogo's nature and life. These were born from the combination of traditions, new ideas, and the voices of the chefs who went to the place of production.
A variety of crafts from Hyogo that combine "use" and "beauty", such as high-fired ceramic that shows a dignified expression and cutlery that draws a smooth curve, are together with guests at the moment when you feel the taste of cuisine. The resonance of cuisine and preparation provided by visual and tactile sensations leads to a special dining experience.
- SHOUTEN GEIBISHA INC.［Design］
- SEIICHIRO AIZAWA［Graphic, Web］
- GORO TAGAWA［Caligrapher］
- TORIMOTO Furniture［Furniture］
- YOSHITANE MURAKI［Aging Paint］
- 村城 良胤（エージング塗装）
- MORITO Paint［Paint］
- TAMURA Farm［Beef］
- ODAGAKI Farm［Pork］
- YAMAMOTO Farm［Poultry］
- MATSUKAZE Farm［Poultry］
- DAIJIRO NISHIMURA［Gibier］
- JYUNICHI FUJIMOTO［Fisher］
- TAKASHI SHIOTANI［Fishery］
- 塩谷 孝（漁場）
- HARUTO ”MARIO” YAMAZAKI［Mashroom］
- USHIO Farm［Vegetable, Egg］
- FUENOMICHI Farm［Vegetable］
- YOTSUBA Farm［Vegetable］
- KAJIYA Farm［Herb］
- OKUTAMBA Blueberry Farm［Blueberry］
- RURAL CAPRINE Farm［WHEY］
- HIYORI BROT［Baker］
- ADACHI JYOUZO［Miso, Mirin, Koji］
- NISHIUMI SYUZO［Sake, Lees, Water］
- HONDA SHOUTEN［Sake, Lees］
- BOTANICAL LIFE［Wine］
- KOTI BREWERY［Beer］
- KANESHICHI SHOTEN［Katsuobushi］
- TERUYOSHI OCHI［Tablier］
Book your table here.
- We accept a reservation for a party of 2~10
- You can make a reservation on the 20th of every month up to 2months in advance.
- If you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when you are making a reservation.
- Unless you have a reserved room, we do not welcome customers with children younger than 13years old.
- Please refrain from strong perfumes/cologne and other strong smells.
- We do not have a strict dress code. However, we will refuse male customers with shorts or sandals.
- Please contact us as soon as possible in any case you are cancelling.
- We will reconfirm your reservation. Your reservation will be cancelled if we can't contact you 3days before.
- お客様・関係者各位 秋冷の候、皆様におかれましては、益々ご隆盛のこととお慶び申し上げます。 平素は、格別のご高配を賜り、誠に有難うございます。 さて、突然ではございますが、この度シェフの病気療養に伴い、少しの間休業することが最善の道と考えました。 ご予約を頂戴しておりました皆様には、ご迷惑をお掛けいたしますこと、この場をお借りして深くお詫びいたします。 一日でも早くレストランに、再びお迎えできることを、何よりも楽しみにしています。 再開の折には、これまで同様のお引き立てを賜りますようお願い申し上げます。 まずは、取り急ぎ、一時休業のご案内まで申し上げます。 - Dear Friends, Thank you very much for your continued support. Now, suddenly, with the chef recuperating, I thought the best way was to take a short break. We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant asap. When we reopen, we look forward to your continued patronage. First of all, I will tell you about the temporary closure. HAKKEI Restaurant
- Viollette de sollies. #hakkei #hakkeirestaurant #viollettedesollies #blackfigs #apéritif #黒イチジク
- Cape Gooseberry grown in Sanda Hyogo Prefecture. For the autumn seasonal menu. #hakkei #hakkeirestaurant #hozuki #capegooseberry #sweet #三田市
New frontier of Japanese cuisine.
HAKKEI is derived from the Zen word "HAKKEINAOMIGAKUBESHI ". The teaching that "a gem that seems to be perfect should be refined and continually honed" is our attitude of constantly studying for heights and our insatiable quest to create new values and possibilities of cuisine.
HAKKEI's cuisine, which crosses the barriers of the existing "genre", does not lose its essence of fully utilizing the power of the ingredients and also greedily integrating new knowledge and view. Based on the traditional techniques of Western cuisine, we combine it with the best part of Japanese cuisine, such as "dashi", which brings out "umami" cultivated over a long history, as well as "fermentation", "drying", and "aging". We express the cuisine with the unique sensitivity of the Japanese.
The sea of Hyogo and the gift of the earth created by clean water and fertile earth. With New Japanese cuisine which combines great tastefulness with unparalleled ideas, we want to deliver a time full of food experiences and expectations as we travel in search of a world we haven't seen yet. That is the origin of HAKKEI.
4-8-17 Kanou-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe-city, Hyogo JAPAN.
TEL. ++81-78-515-6522（Inquiry Only）
Lunch. 12:00 ~
Dinner 17:30 ~ 20:30 ~
- 5 minute walk from JR, Hankyu, Hanshin and Port-liner SANNOMIYA Station
- 5 minute taxi ride from SHINKOBE Station on the JR Shinkansen (15 minutes’ walk)
- 15 minute taxi ride from KOBE Airport (Port liner SANNOMIYA Station is 20 minutes away)
- 60 minute taxi ride from KANSAI International Airport (80 minutes Airport bus)